Weight loss is a difficult and often discouraging process.
While it’s tempting to jump on the bandwagon of the next fad diet or miracle weight loss product, keep in mind that not all approaches to losing weight are made equal. Individuals who want to lose weight and keep it off permanently can benefit from the knowledge, support, and assistance provided by medically supervised weight loss programs.
In this blog, we will talk about how medically supervised weight loss can help you look and feel your best as you achieve your weight loss goals. Also, we will talk about the common medications used in this treatment like ozempic, mounjaro, semaglutide, terzepetide, rybelsus. Let’s get started!
What is Medically Supervised Weight Loss?
Medically supervised weight loss programs are overseen by professionals such as doctors, nurses, and dietitians. These programs always include an initial consultation to analyze the individual’s present health and weight, as well as their weight loss goals. Nutritional counseling, advice, and instruction are then incorporated into each patient’s unique treatment plan.
The Benefits of Medically Supervised Weight Loss
There are numerous benefits to medically supervised weight loss programs, including:
Medical professionals have the knowledge and skills to design a personalized weight loss plan that is both safe and successful. They are better equipped to assist people in overcoming certain difficulties they encounter on their path to weight loss.
People who participate in medically supervised weight loss programs benefit from the accountability provided by the program’s regular check-ins and appointments, which help them stay on track with their weight loss goals.
No two bodies are exactly the same, so they’re bound to have different weight loss experiences. Medically supervised weight loss programs provide individualized care to help each patient achieve their unique weight loss goals.
The goal of medically supervised weight loss programs is not merely to help people lose weight, but to keep it off in the long run. Individuals can learn and practice sustainable habits with the help of the professionals in a medically supervised weight loss program.
What to Expect from a Medically Supervised Weight Loss Program
Although there will always be variations depending on each patient’s needs, most medically-supervised weight loss programs follow a certain structure:
- Initial Consultation: The first step in any medically supervised weight loss program is an initial consultation. During this appointment, the medical professional will assess the individual’s current health and weight, as well as their weight loss goals.
- Customized Plan: A customized weight loss plan will be developed based on the initial consultation. Changes to your food, exercise routine, and other aspects of your daily life could be part of this plan.
- Ongoing Assistance: Medically supervised weight loss programs often involve ongoing support and guidance, such as regular check-ins, appointments, and education on healthy habits and lifestyle changes.
Medically Supervised Weight Loss And Medications
Medically supervised weight loss programs may also use medications to aid the process. Here are some examples of medications that are commonly used in medically supervised weight loss programs:
- Ozempic: Ozempic is an injectable medication that helps regulate blood sugar levels by increasing insulin production. It has also been shown to aid in weight loss by reducing appetite and promoting feelings of fullness.
- Mounjaro: Mounjaro is a weight loss medication that works by suppressing the appetite. It can be taken orally and is typically used in combination with a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity.
- Semaglutide: Semaglutide is an injectable medication that is used to treat Type 2 diabetes. However, it has also been approved for weight loss purposes.
Like Ozempic, it works by regulating the hormones that control hunger, leading to a decrease in appetite and prolonged feelings of fullness.
- Terzepetide: Terzepetide is another weight loss medication that works by reducing appetite. It is taken orally and can be used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise plan.
- Rybelsus: Rybelsus is an oral medication that helps regulate blood sugar levels in individuals with Type 2 diabetes. It has also been approved for weight loss purposes and like most of the medications listed above, works by reducing appetite and increasing feelings of fullness.
When medications are used as part of a medically supervised weight loss program, they are always prescribed and closely monitored by medical professionals. This ensures that they are being used safely and effectively in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise plan.
Medically supervised weight loss programs are an excellent approach to achieve your weight loss objectives and to maintain a healthy weight over time. With a combination of education, support, and personalized care, these programs can help you make lasting changes so you can always feel at your best.
If you are looking for a weight loss program that can help you reach your goals, contact Ellevate Med Spa today. Our team of healthcare professionals is dedicated to helping you reach your weight loss goals.
Call us today at (978)-846-5167 or visit us in Chelmsford!