Body sculpting, aka body contouring is a non-surgical alternative to liposuction. Body sculpting is the process where stubborn fat deposits are broken down, or dissolved to get rid of them.
Previously, people used to undergo intense surgical procedures such as liposuction where cuts were made directly on your skin to get rid of fat deposits. Body sculpting, however, is a revolutionary procedure where you don’t get any permanent scars, etc. to look your best self!
What are the benefits of body sculpting?
Tired of following strict diets and heavy exercises, try body sculpting! Here are some of the benefits of body sculpting.
- Reducing the cellulite deposits around your outer and inner thighs.
- Removing the fat pockets that won’t budge
- Tightening and smoothing the skin afterwards
How is body sculpting done?
Body sculpting is a non-surgical and non-invasive procedure. It means that there won’t be any cuts, injections, or anything of that sort. The procedure utilizes specially designed tools that deliver extreme temperatures, high frequency waves and stimulate the breakdown of fats.
You might feel a little discomfort when exposed to extreme temperatures. However, you can rest assured that there will be no damage to tissues, skin, or any internal organ during the procedure.
SInce no cuts or incisions are being made, there is not much to the aftercare of body sculpting. It’s best to drink more water, apply cold compresses in case of any swelling and rest well!
Types of body sculpting procedures!
Some commonly performed types of body sculpting procedures include: Fat reduction using laser, cool sculpting or cryolipolysis, fat reduction using ultrasound, and fat dissolving injections.
- Fat reduction using laser technology – The procedure uses high temperatures to melt and breakdown fat pockets. It is important to remember that this temperature is controlled and won’t affect your skin or organs. The whole session is completed within 25-30 minutes and the results might last for a long time if you maintain your weight.
- Cool sculpting or cryolipolysis – Cryolipolysis involves the use of extreme cold temperatures to freeze and break down the fat. It is quite opposite to laser fat reduction. However, what’s similar is that the cold temperature won’t damage your skin or surrounding tissues. Why not? This is because fats freeze at a higher temperature than your body cells. The whole procedure takes about 35-60 minutes to complete and the results last longer.
- Ultrasound fat reduction – In this procedure, high frequency waves and vibrations are delivered via a tool directly on the fat pocket. The tool is rubbed on the skin for some time and as a result fats break down.
- Deoxycholic injections – In this procedure, deoxycholic acid- a natural compound to dissolve fats in your body is injected into the stubborn fats. As a result, the fats break down and you can get rid of that nasty fatty bulge on your body.
Is it similar to liposuction?
No,the process might help you achieve similar results but is very different from liposuction. Unlike liposuction, body sculpting or lipolysis doesn’t involve going under the knife. No anesthesia is required and aftercare is minimal.
Recovery and results
The recovery process for body sculpting procedures is rather short. You have to drink lots of water, apply cold presses in case any inflammation occurs and that’s about it!
The results might take a few months to fully appear as your body will take its time to excrete out the broken fat slowly. Once achieved, they will last longer if you maintain your pre-procedure weight!
Ideal candidate for body sculpting
Ideal candidate for body sculpting is over 18 years of age, has a body mass index of than 30, can commit to multiple sessions and have a steady weight! However, it’s advised to talk to your cosmetologist before you opt for the procedure.